Mission & aims
At International School Olomouc we put children first. Our primary focus is to provide broad and balanced education in a family environment where everybody feels safe and where the potential of every single child can flourish. We are committed to excellence and our mission is to help children learn better and help them to become 21st century global citizens.
The school accomplishes its mission through a variety of educational philosophies and methods with an emphasis on development of subject, personal and international goals. We strongly value individual approach and strive to create positive and supportive atmosphere in which children’s knowledge, skills and understanding is formed by excellent staff working with close partnership with parents.
provide students with good quality all round education from Nursery level to Year 6 that will:
- develop mastery of essential subject specific skills in literacy, numeracy, science, geography, history, art, music, physical education, IT and technology
- provide an opportunity to develop social and personal skills, emphasizing respect for all people
- uniquely, provide all learners with an opportunity to develop international mindedness and understanding;
- base the curriculum on the courses followed at British international schools to facilitate transfer from and to other UK and International schools
- sustain and develop learners’ abilities in the Czech language and their understanding of Czech history, geography and wider culture to facilitate transfer to Czech schools
- cultivate students' appreciation for and enjoyment of learning so that education becomes a life-long endeavour;
- promote active learning approach and the use of new technologies to help students to improve their work habits and to take responsibility for their own learning
- identify and respond to individual needs and provide appropriate educational programme enabling all children to achieve full potential
- create positive learning environment in which children feel safe, where discipline is firm but not repressive and where children, staff and parents develop good relationships forming a strong community
- deliver educational programme through employment and development of good quality staff who are well-qualified and enthusiastic professionals
facilitate student enrichment via the historic and cultural location of the school and through the varied backgrounds of its student body and faculty;
- facilitate student enrichment via the historic and cultural location of the school and through the varied backgrounds of its student body and faculty